Teens face the difficult task of navigating day to day life in a world inundated by peer pressure, bullying, media influences, substance abuse, and much more. As a result of that, many teens need the help of professional counselors to work through their mental and emotional struggles and get to a better state of mental health.
Is your teen depressed/anxious? Look for changes in three main areas:
- Changes in mood
- Feeling sad or low
- Feeling nothing or a lack of enjoyment in formerly pleasurable activities
- Changes in Physical Symptoms
- An increase or decrease in appetite, leading to changes in weight
- Sleeplessness or not being able to get out of bed in the morning
- Not being able to focus or concentrate
- Having little or no energy
- Feelings of agitation or restlessness, sometimes relieved by self-medication via drugs, alcohol, or self-harm
- A loss of confidence or self-esteem
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
- Self-harming behaviors
- Suicidal thoughts/threats
If your son or daughter needs teen counseling, contact The Behavioral Wellness Group located in Bluffton, South Carolina to get the help you’re looking for. Offering in person and virtual sessions.
BWG also offers a virtual Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that meets after school, 3x a week for 8 weeks. This program is beneficial for teens who need more than once a week counseling sessions.
Contact us at 843-278-0008 for more info or to get started!
Get help for your specific condition
Find the right clinician match for you
Book an online appointment
Getting Started as a New Patient
Thank you for your interest in The Behavioral Wellness Group. We want to make this process as thorough, but efficient as possible. So, there are a few items to check out first before getting an appointment scheduled.
- If you haven't already selected a provider, you can do some reviewing of our providers to see who may match you the best. Please scroll down to see a list of adolescent therapy providers for your state. You can view pictures and read about backgrounds before making your choice.
- Next, you can view a list of our insurers. Click here to see if we take your insurance. If you want to know if our facility and a provider are in network, please call the member services number on the back of your insurance card.
- In order to schedule your first appointment, please call us at (843) 278-0008 (option.1). There are questions we do need to ask which will help us match you with an appropriate therapist. We can be reached Mon - Fri between 8am and 5pm, EST. Please have your insurance card available at the time of your call. If we are not able to take your call please be assured we will call you back within 24 hours (usually less.)
We look forward to having you join The Behavioral Wellness Group Family! Welcome!